I’M GOING TO FLORIDA!!!!
I have four weeks until I’m away to DISNEYLAND, god help them because I will be an uncontrollable ball of screeching excitement for the entire trip. Four weeks until I face the dreaded Bikini! So I thought what better way to keep me on track than to share with you the workout regime and diet routine that I will adopt until I jet off.
Before I continue I want to stress that this is not a crash diet, or last-minute panic diet by any means. I have been eating relatively clean and working out somewhat consistently, three times a week, since January. Of course I have had nights out and weeks off along the way so this is just to ensure that I get the most out of my workouts until I throw on that Bikini. This is my lifestyle, just amplified shall we say, for the next four weeks.
The word bikini will never not incite fear in the pit of my stomach!
I’m going to opt for a low carb low sugar intake approach for my meals. My meals will obviously vary, mainly my dinner, because eating the same thing can get boring and depressing, but this is just an idea of my staple Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Breakfast usually consists of three eggs one yolk, done in the microwave with a pinch of salt and a black coffee (a must!). Not the most inventive or delicious starts to the day, but I’m a creature of habit when it comes to food. Mainly it is just convenient to grab three eggs on my way out the door in the morning and bung them in the microwave in work.
- Lunch is a chicken salad with broccoli, feta cheese, baby tomatoes, carrot and beetroot.
- Dinner is chicken with basmati rice with broccoli, spinach, onions and mushrooms.
- Snacks consist of protein bars, rice cakes, dark chocol and nuts. I try to have a snack once a day, around 3pm to beat the slump or after dinner to satisfy any lingering cravings.
- Throughout the day I will drink Lemon infused water as much as possible. If I’m feeling fancy I might stick some cucumber in there.
Quick Tip! When cooking rice mix in a chicken stock cube into the water when the rice is almost done. It adds flavor and texture that will bulk out your meal.
I plan on hitting the gym 4-5 times a week. I have been enjoying classes as a way of getting my sweat on and feeling the burn. My usual evening workout would involve a Strength and Conditioning class, followed by a short Abs class and then Insanity to finish me off. I love the classes as you are constantly pushing yourself for 30-45 minutes and you have the support of everyone involved.
For the run up to my holidays however, I want to adopt a more weight focused workout where I can target specific areas. If you would like a separate post detailing this let me know in the comments below.
Stay tuned for progress and recipe posts.
*Disclaimer – I am in no way a qualified nutritionist, dietitian or gym instructor. I just wanted to share with you my take on keeping fit and healthy.
4 thoughts on “Florida Fitness Prep – My Workout And Diet”
[…] all about eating clean and hitting the gym to ensure your body is bikini ready, check out my Florida Fitness Prep post, but if like me you overindulged on holidays (as you should) you may have come home with more than […]
Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it
is truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels.
I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future.
Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers! http://www.rocksavvy.com/groups/nine-mistakes-in-monster-truck-games-that-make-you-look-dumb/
Hi everyone! Impressive piece of writing! I find nice the way defined Florida Fitness Prep.
Incredibly good job, mate. Which i enjoy those who are efficacious at blogging.
If only I needed these kinds of effective way with words-at all.
I am a individual hence there is no require generate a great newsprint all the time .
In such cases I usually click here Lasonya where ever I
will see sizable evaluation and judge tried and true formulatingservice